Games Developer and Researcher
I am a skilled computer programmer with a passion for applied games and inter-disciplinary projects. I have significant experience in applying technology to behavioural science research. In addition, I specialise in graphics programming, simulations and data visualisation. I am involved with front and back end web development, as well as data science as a research assistant.
Research Assistant Programmer at Abertay UniversitySeptember 2016 - Present
▪ Collaborate with the University’s research teams to produce technological solutions.
▪ Support inter-disciplinary research by building dynamic interfaces for gathering and processing data.
▪ Maintain the Language Lab website, database and web tools for visualisation and processing of research data.
▪ Literacy acquisition in situations of dialect exposure (The Leverhulme Trust): Design and build a web solution for running experiments in psycholinguistics.
▪ Data Visualisation for Scotland’s Centre of Expertise for Waters (CREW): Design and implement an online interactive map of Scotland’s water sector; UI/UX design and data visualisation of geospatial data with D3.js.
▪ Studying cultural evolution through an online system (The Carnegie Trust): Building a one-of-a-kind web framework for running transmission-chain experiments; Concurrent data systems programming.
▪ Simulated email environment for cybersecurity experiments with an eye-tracker (The Carnegie Trust).
▪ Interactive, data-driven decision support tools for sustainable development (Stepping Up, WEF Nexus).
Dare Intern at Dare to be DigitalMay 2014 - August 2014
As an intern at Dare to be Digital I assisted in the event logistics for Dare ProtoPlay - the biggest
games festival in Scotland. My team and I had to assure the games competition and festival ran
Working with students, staff, and the public, I had to troubleshoot software and hardware issues
alongside the university information service desk.
Other duties included: management of the inventory, organizing data, creating spreadsheets and
Master of Science - MS, Psychology, Abertay University, 2017 - 2018In 2017 I started the British Psychological Society (BPS) accredited conversion masters in psychology at Abertay. I used this opportunity to explore how psychology and behavioural science can be used to study games and play. I learned a great deal about research methods and human behaviour, enabling me to study the real impact of games scientifically.
Bachelor of Science - BS, Computer Games Technology, Abertay University, 2012 - 2016World-leading course in games technology. Project-based learning. Experience in all aspects of games technology. Focus on low-level graphics programming and applied mathematics. Professional project in a complete games development team. Academic research project on applied games technology.
Opportunities Project VolunteerLeisure and Culture Dundee (Dundee Central Library)
Dec 2015 – Jun 2016
I helped provide training to individuals covering a variety of basic IT skills such as: setting up an email account, scanning and printing, filling online forms and using internet search engines. I assisted customers in using different databases and internet-based systems with a focus on welfare rights and employability.
Exhibit GuideBBC Make it Digital Tour
Sep 2015 – Sep 2015
Make it Digital was a major UK‐wide initiative by the BBC to inspire a new generation to get creative with coding, programming and digital technology. As a volunteer my role was to support the core team at the event and encourage the audience to take part in the activities. I helped to guide visitors in the Digital Discovery zone, where historic computers and technology were on exhibit.
Contact me on LinkedIn